- Saturday, September 7 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Opening Day for Season
2019/2020 Season Opening day. Saturday 7 th September 2019. For new members who are unaware what the opening day is here’s a quick explanation. It is the ceremonial opening of the bowls season (even though at our club we bowl all year).
- Club selected triples
- Club uniform or whites
- Arrive 10.00am for 10.30am. 10.45 Opening ceremony
- Before the first game we will have a spider & a ditch to ditch. Again an explanation for new bowlers, I was one not so long ago & had no idea what to do. A spider is where all bowlers have one bowl & stand on the edges of the green. A spider or other object is placed in the middle of the green & all bowlers at the same time roll their bowl. It looks like bedlam & it is. The bowler with the bowl closest to the target wins a prize. Ditch to ditch is where all bowlers try to be the one with their bowl closest to the ditch without going in. Again a small prize is on offer.
- 3 games of 8 ends.
- BBQ lunch at the end of the first game. BBQ will be supplied by the club.
- David & Paula will work the BBQ & help with salads etc. Some other helpers will be needed.